- Improve on-time delivery to enhance customer experience
- Eliminate manual scheduling and firefighting due to short term visibility
- Overcome scheduling limitations of existing ERP system
Elmwood Reclaimed Timber, a floor panel manufacturer improves sales by 10 percent with advanced planning and scheduling solutions
“In 2016, we saw the impact of SIMATIC IT Preactor AS on our systems, leading to an increase in sales of 10 percent and improvement in profitability through accurate visibility and effective resource utilization.”- Mark Callison, President, Elmwood Reclaimed Timber Inc.
Keys to success:
- Implement tight integration between SIMATIC IT Preactor AS and ERP systems
- Account for shop floor constraints like material, yield and changeovers in the finite capacity schedule (FCS)
- Use SIMATIC IT Preactor AS to provide visibility and flexibility for rescheduling throughout the manufacturing process
- Improve responsiveness to customer demand changes
- Increased top line revenues in 2016 by 10 percent
- Increased production output without increasing headcounts
- Improved on-time delivery
“SNic Solutions’ knowledge of manufacturing operations, supply chain, production planning and scheduling and deep expertise in SIMATIC IT Preactor AS was key to our success. Moreover, they delivered a very high-quality solution remotely at affordable cost which has truly made them our strategic partner to get ready for Industry 4.0.” – Mark Callison, President, Elmwood Reclaimed Timber, Inc.