Global competition necessitates manufacturers find ways to optimize production operations by reducing or eliminating non-value-added activities. Innovative technology continues to aid in this process, with various degrees of complexity in integrating that technology into the manufacturing operations workflow. Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software offers dramatic opportunity for efficiencies, with little disruption to operations, offering the perfect starting point for manufacturers ready to see what digitalization can do for them.
APS leverages algorithms to analyze and calculate achievable production schedules, considering a broad range of constraints and business rules, allowing manufacturing planners to generate and evaluate all possible scenarios – quickly – to make strategic, fully informed business decisions.
So, what’s the difference between planning and scheduling?
Planning helps you
- Decide what, when, where, and how much to make
- Understand materials and resources required
- Plan work in the long term (days, weeks, months ahead)
Scheduling helps you
- Choose the best way to execute against your plan
- Sequence and synchronize
- Understand priorities, constraints and conflicts
- Monitor execution and manage change
- Plan work in the short term (minutes, hours, days ahead)
Realize rapid ROI
Make more proactive decisions
Balance demand and
SNic Solutions is recognized as one of the elite organizations to achieve the prestigious Smart Expert Partner status from Siemens PLM Software with expertise in diverse manufacturing sectors like Automotive, Industrial Machinery & Heavy Equipment, Consumer Packaged Goods & Retail, Energy & Utilities.